Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Autumn

Autumn. My favorite time of year. If we had smell-o-vision blogs I would share with you the scents of Autumn. The smells  of Autumn vary. You have the crisp smell of  apples to the warmth of cider. The hint of smoke from bonfires to the earthy scent of the leaves on the ground. Fall for me means festivals, football, leaves piled up like snow, corn mazes, pumpkins, and apples. The Ozarks is perfect for Autumn. Take the back roads and you will see what I mean.  Drive along the winding roads while you are surrounded by the colors of the season. Some roads will be so thick with leaves that they fly up like snow when you drive thru them.



Besides the smells of the season I love the weather. Layer up and layer down. Throw on a cute jacket for those bonfire nights. Hoodie weather. Perfect for nature hikes.

Today is a great rainy day of Autumn. We had a late summer so this is our first true Autumn day. I had a pumpkin muffin with a cuppa for bfast. Now if I could sit by the fire it would be a perfect day. :)

1 comment:

MoMo 2.0 said...

I AGREE... MY FAVORITE season!! And I am so glad I live in a country that really has autumn!!

Now if I could hurry and get to SEattle next month and have my PSL!