Friday, April 10, 2009

Grumpy old man magnet

Happy Good Friday! 
Its cold, rainy and I am on day 5 of bronchitis. To make things worse is that NO ONE is getting my Zoolander 'black lunch' reference. I must be getting old.

I decided to drag my sorry butt out and hangout at the internet/coffee cafe. This is a sweet place. But of course if there is an odd old man anywhere to be seen, they find me. He starts the conversation asking about my laptop and once I smile and answer then he is off on the rant.

They owners actually came over to tell him to be quiet. LOL!! But he never leaves. Finally he goes and the cute guy beside me takes off his head phones and says that I was being kind to the grumpy man. Thought about helping me out but said I has handling it. 

Seriously!?!? IF you weren't so cute I would have smacked you for not stepping in.  Maybe my good karma was will result in future conversations with cutie boy. One can only hope.

As cutie boy leaves he tells me his name and says he hopes to see me ---without the loud man-- next time.

FYI---this happened to me last weekend at Starbucks too

No comments: